Summer is a perfect time for a try-new-recipe get together with the girls. Today we decided to have a cheat day and try the new french fry encrusted corn dog recipe.
It is a classic state fair corn dog with a crunchy twist!
Recipe (~12 dogs)
- Large Russet Burbank potato
- Plenty of coconut oil for deep frying
- For the batter:
- 180 g of all-purpose flour
- 170 g of cornmeal
- 2 large egg
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- Cut the potato into small cubes
- Coat the potato with some cornmeal
- Mix the batter ingredients together
- Dip the hotdogs in the batter
- Carefully place potato cubes on the battered hotdog
- Drip the hotdog with potato cubes with more batter
- Place in boiled oil in the deep fryer until golden (~5 min)
Eat with sugar or ketchup!
- Place the batter in a tall and narrower glass for easier dipping
- Place the final dogs on paper towels to prevent sogginess
- Open your windows when deep frying
I hope you try this recipe out and let me know what you think!